Job Title: Qualified Plan Investment Specialist
The Qualified Plan Investment Specialist will lead Krilogy’s proprietary retirement plan integration program, TotalPortfolio™. At the direction of the Portfolio Strategist, the Qualified Plan Investment Specialist will construct portfolios for clients within their existing employer retirement plans. Utilizing Krilogy’s investment analysis tools, they will perform multi-criteria evaluations and analyses on all investment options found within client retirement plans he/she is participating in through their employer. They will be required to implement the changes on behalf of clients, review those changes to ensure they have been accurately executed by the custodian, and communicate recommended allocation changes by constructing fact sheets.
As part of the Investment Advisory (IA) team, the Qualified Plan Investment Specialist will also work closely with and support all other team members and advisors. Specifically, they will act as a backup for, and handle overflow from, the New Business Implementation Specialist.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To learn and live by Krilogy’s Values and Rules of Engagement
- Providing concierge level service to all Krilogy Investment Advisory Representatives (IARs)
- Quickly acclimating to position through efficient reception and retention of provided training
- Performing investment evaluations and constructing portfolios using provided analysis tools and guidance from the Portfolio Strategist
- Communicating rationale of allocation changes and providing status updates to IARs
- Creating fact sheets and updating/maintaining databases
- Supporting the Krilogy Financial Investment Committee
- Creating and implementing solutions to achieve added efficiencies in systems and processes
- Identifying opportunities to add value to Krilogy IARs and end clients
Personal Attributes Needed for Success:
- Proactive attitude and work ethic
- A passion for learning
- Effective communicator
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize constantly emerging tasks while still meeting deadlines
- Knows when to ask for help from teammates
- Ability to remain focused amidst a lot of activity
- Operates well both independently and as a collaborative team member
- Owns personal actions and decisions
- Will go above and beyond when situations justify
Formal Education & Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, statistics or economics, or one to three years of relevant work experience.
- One of the following licenses (or equivalent) required at time of hire or to be obtained within six months of hire date – FINRA Series 6, Series 7, or NASAA Series 65 or 66
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS®) designation required at or within 18 months of hire date
- Proficiency with or willingness to become proficient with fi360® and Morningstar™ financial software
- Familiarity and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Specifically Excel, Word and Outlook. PowerPoint a plus)
Please call our office for further details on the position or email your resume today.